Monday, November 30, 2009

Kaytie is growing

I can't believe it, but it really has been 6 months since Kaytie joined our family.  She had her 6 month checkup in November. (I missed her 4 month because of soccer games and cross country)  She weighed in at 16 lbs. 11 oz. and 26 inches tall.  That puts her in the 60th percentile for both height and weight, she's very proportionate.  She is quite the little chubby girl.  The nurse gave her the immunizations and said she liked nice fat legs, it makes it easier.  Kaytie proved it, she didn't seem to flinch at all for the first stick.  The second one made her scream quite LOUDLY.  But she was easily consoled.
She is developmentally on track, she plays with her feet and can roll (most of the time she doesn't want to), she also is sitting up really well and loves to do it.

Her personality is really starting to show.  I think she's really easy going.  She likes to watch everyone and just takes everything in.  She loves her family and most of the time she smiles for everyone.  She will look at some of us like we're insane too.  She has a sweet smile.  It looks like her hair is going to be strawberry blonde, her eyes are still questionable.  We were thinking blue for a while, but the brown is still there.  I guess we're calling them hazel for now or maybe its brue or blown.  I think she's just being diplomatic.  Some of us wanted her to have blue and some were hoping for brown, so she's going to please everyone.  Just another part of her personality.
Look how much her brothers love her - at least they're not laying on her or rubbing her head at this particular moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.