Monday, October 18, 2010

Jared' Birthday

Jared turned 11 on the 11th. He was excited for his birthday and asked for crepe paper streamers in the front room, all I had was white crepe paper, so he had to settle for balloons and the birthday banner.


We did the traditional homemade pizza for dinner (although Jared mentioned the Applebee’s steak from last year and how delicious it was – and how it would be fun to do that again).

Jared’s cake was a dragon, it didn’t turn out as good as I imagined, when you cut a cake it gets “crumby” It just added to the scale look of the dragon, so I guess it was a happy accident. Some of the candles came out of the dragon’s mouth so it could “breathe fire” and the rest went down the dragon’s back. It looked pretty cool. It was pretty eventful, the singing ended with Shawn blowing ALL the candles out! Yes, I said Shawn. Jared was pretty upset, so we did a second rendition of Happy Birthday and Jared finally got to blow out HIS candles. But the double lighting of the candles made the fruit leather tongue completely covered in wax – Oh well there were still the wings.

Jared was excited to get Star Wars Legos (the same ones that Mathew got for his birthday) and a new pair of pants – if you look closely at the pictures, you’ll be able to tell those were a necessity.

We finished the celebration by “slaying” the dragon. I don’t know if it’s my fault for choosing to make a dragon cake or if it was in the works before… but Halloween will be Knights this year. I better get busy on that costume.

I'm not sure how this smilebox will work, but there are 4 pages so look for the arrow to turn the page.


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free scrapbooking design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.