Saturday, August 28, 2010

Stephanie’s Birthday



I can't believe it has been 18 years since Stephanie was born.
Time certainly goes much too quickly.

 
Stephanie really likes polka dots in shades of blue and green, so of course we had to make a polka dot cake.

But you can't just frost in polka dots, so I tried fondant. It is made with melted marshmallows and powdered sugar and one large package of marshmallows makes a LOT!! The kids were eating the leftovers for several days, straight from the fridge. Note to self frost cake with regular frosting before applying fondant and only use half a package of mini marshmallows. I also made a plain chocolate cake because it's good and just in case the fondant cake was yucky. The little brothers really cannot keep their fingers out of frosting and if you look closely, you will notice the finger mark.

 
This is probably the last year that Stephie will have candles on her cake. So we put polka dot candles on the cake and YES there are 18 candles on that cake. It takes a loooong time to light 18 candles.



OOOO Fire


Did I mention it takes a long time to light 18 candles?



Yep!! A Really long time.

 
But at least they can be blown out quickly. I believe in one blow! If I remember correctly.

The birthday girl.

 

Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle chet came over for cake and ice-cream. Which was enjoyed by all, even if fondant is a new experience.
It really is terrible to get older because gifts become things that you don't get to unwrap. Senior stuff and soccer sweats and a new homecoming dress that was still a cut of fabric on her birthday. More about the dress later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.