Stephanie had her junior prom on March 13, I've been trying to figure out how to share the video, so when you get down there, hopefully it will work, don't forget to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and stop the playlist.
Picture of the picture taken at the dance.
A lot of the fun of the prom involves shopping for the dress. It was fun AND frustrating. Stephie fell in love with this dress, she kept saying it made her eyes look more blue. The dress required shortening and tucks at the neckline so it wouldn't gap open. That involved removing beading, putting the tucks in and then replacing the beads.
Prom is a BIG deal! Just so you know.
Saturday morning started early. Nick arrived at 9:30 a.m. to begin the day date. The junior class sponsored activities that involved shooting clay pigeons, a scavenger hunt (washing someone's car) without cell phone use, lunch, and a movie (for some strange reason, Stephie and another girl and their dates split up and went to different movies - weird!). Stephanie had fun. She arrived back home around 2 with instructions that she'd be picked up at 6:30, because they were due for their picture appointment at 7 and class sponsored dinner.
All the fun of getting ready for prom means you get ready with friends, so Stephanie went to her friend's house to do makeup and hair and to be home no later than 6 to get her dress on. She arrives home at 6:20 with her hair done but no make-up. AAAAHHH!!! Her date arrived shortly after she did.
Of course, Jared looked down the hallway and blurted out loud that she didn't even have her dress on. She quickly applied make-up and I helped her with her dress, only to discover one of the knots on the beading had come undone and a couple of beads had fallen off, so out came the beading needle again and we quickly fixed the problem and secured it so it wouldn't come undone. At least Stephanie was oblivious to what her little brothers were doing while she was dressing.
Nick has all sisters, so he was prepared for Stephie taking extra time. He learned all about brothers showing off, which they did, and some of the showing off was of the really embarrassing variety. They jumped around and were pretty rowdy! Oh well, Nick never said anything to Stephie about what her brothers did, she was told that evening after she got home. "They did WHAT?!?"
By the time Stephanie was ready, there was only time for flower exchange and a couple of pictures, so unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Stephanie in her dress alone. Sometime, I'm going to make her get dressed up and get some pictures.
I have to include this picture because it shows that little brothers were showing off, jumping into the picture and being CRAZY!
Insider Secret: Mom really pinned the flower on Nick's lapel.
Aren't they nice looking?
The Dance!!!
They really decorate for prom - and it's not crepe paper and balloons like my prom.
They had the hallway decorated with fountains, trees and paving stones, and we even entered over a bridge. It was beautiful.
I was truly impressed. They introduced each girl and who they were being escorted by. I think it was good because those girls got to experience how a lady should be treated. I guess it's like a small town version of a debutante ball - I know cheesy, but that's kind of what it reminded me of.
But I think it's a sweet memory and I'm glad that Stephanie got to do it.
Someday, I'd love to have a camera that can take a clear picture in low light from a distance. But you get the idea.
Here is the video... Stephanie and her date were in the very back, so it will be like... "there she is, no, wait there she is, oh there's the corner of her dress." Enjoy!
P.S. I think it's great that Eric didn't complain at all about dancing with her.
I forgot to mention, they kicked the parents out by playing "Evacuate the dance floor"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.